We were not aware that if you got to the stadium early enough you could go to and see the monuments. This is the closest we were able to get.
It is a beautiful stadum. The grass is pristine and it has a wonderful video board.
While clearly all New Yorkers that attend Yankees games are Yankees fans, the same cannot be said about the affiliations to the New York Rangers hockey franchise as during the game there was quite a ruckus between some New York Ranger fans and New Jersey Devils fans. Those fans are passionate and the fact that the two teams were in the playoffs against one another at the time fueled the passion.
Another part of the concourse.
Here is Lindsey (with Felice in the background) waiting at "our" subway station for a Brooklyn bound train. You learn very quickly that directions are not North, South, East or West, but rather Uptown, Downtown or Crosstown or described by the direction of the subway line you are going on. In this case, the B line goes between the Bronx and Brooklyn, so you are either Brooklyn Bound or Bronx Bound. This is an important lesson.
This is Lauren's building in Long Island City, Queens, New York City. It overlooks the East River and the famous Pepsi Cola sign.You can see the United Nations right across the River on a clear day.
Lindsey, Eric and I visited the Museum of Natural History and Lindsey particularly enjoyed the dinosaurs. I wound up at the Museum 3 times and each time was interesting.
Here is the Ernst & Young building in the heart of Times Square. What ever city we are in, we always look for the E&Y building.
Lindsey, Lauren, Felice and I, during our walk of the Brooklyn Bridge. Eric took the picture and can be seen in the following shot. I highly recommend walking the Bridge. It is very cool.
Here is Eric on the Bridge. They have a walking path that is auto free, but is subject to gawkers and individuals that think they are the only people entitled to walk on the path.
Here is Eric with a little of the skyline in the background.
I must have mentioned the Carnegie Deli a hundred times, so here is the outside of the building to go with the descriptions of the food. By the way, I have assumed all along that it is called the Carnegie Deli due to its close proximity to Carnegie Hall. Via Wiki I have concluded that I am probably correct.
And finally, here is the whole family at Yankee Stadium. Please excuse the hair as it got windy that night. It was great for us to be all together in the Big Apple during out 2 month residence in New York City.















No comments:
Post a Comment